Thursday, 24 November 2011

More rebasing

Having earlier rebased some of my AWI collection, I decided on a quick rebase of a few more, as a number of figures were falling off their bases. Easier said than done! The culprits were based with a coarse sawdust that was difficult to remove, and I found quite a most needed touched up, and a few repairs were needed as well.

The original units were split by pose, but since I had started the work I decided to split the kneeling/firing poses between the 10th and 14th Foot by changing the yellow/white facings on the appropriate figures.

Overall they were not in bad condition from thirty years service and they are now ready to see a lot more service.

Over the next few days I'll try and post details of the individual units.


AJ (Allan) Wright said...

The new bases look very nice.

Simmy said...

Hello Will,
your blog is very nice and very interesting for all fans of the AWI and the wargame.
Congratulations for soldiers and for the photos.
I'll be back to visit you

Ciao Will,
il tuo blog è molto bello e molto interessante per tutti gli appassionati della AWI e del wargame.
Complimenti per i soldatini e per le foto.
Tornerò a trovarti